This is achieved by providing leadership, research and innovation, training, supporting startups and talking to the UK government. This is all done in collaboration with the different sectors in the region to understand and use open data for innovative projects and solutions.
Examples of innovation projects and events include#FloodHack, #HighwaysHack and #AirHack, IOT Challenges and Open Transport. There is also a regular monthly drop-in for anyone interested in Open Data.
Calderdale Council are proud to be one of the sponsors of ODI Leeds. Other sponsors from the public and private sector include Leeds City Council, Bradford Council, West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA), KPMG, Bloom Agency, Highways England, University of Leeds, Yorkshire Water, AQL, NHS Digital, Transport for the North, Open Data Soft, BJSS and Arup.
Some examples of how open data has been used:
- ODI Leeds Data Mapper – visualise our data on a map
- Imactivate open data apps and analysis – includes the Calderdale Data Works Explorer and the Ward Explorer ;
- The Great British toilet map ;
- The democracy club – find out who you can vote for;
- ODI Leeds – Local Elections
- ODI Leeds – Council Spending tool
- Open postcode geo – find out information about your area.