Inclusive Recovery and COVID Impact Assessment
The COVID-19 impact assessment, agreed by the Inclusive Recovery Co-ordinating Group, sets out a focus on economic recovery, but also considers the wider impacts of COVID-19 on Calderdale and its communities. The impact assessment informs our partnership recovery planning and forms part of Calderdale’s published Inclusive Recovery Plan.
The assessment identifies the impact of COVID-19 on the Council’s longer term priorities of reducing inequality, building stronger towns and combating climate change, and how it might affect wider partnership activity necessary to achieve Vision 2024.
We have also published a number of related datasets and links around inclusive recovery:
- Calderdale Inclusive Recovery Plan – assesses the impact of the COVID pandemic on Calderdale’s local economy and sets out the actions needed to be taken now and in the longer term to accelerate Calderdale’s recovery from Covid-19.
- Inclusive Recovery COVID-19 Impact Assessment – updated twice annually.
- Performance Inclusive Recovery Dashboard – interactive performance Dashboard which includes a range of performance measures and targets related to the Inclusive Recovery theme.
- COVID-19 Datasets – COVID-19 related datasets and visualisations such as cases, vaccinations, vulnerability index.
- Footfall – Footfall and car park usage data for the Woolshops Shopping Centre in Halifax.
Other useful data sources and reports
- Covid-19 Economic and Transport Recovery Monitor (Insights Report from West Yorkshire Combined Authority) – fortnightly economic monitor and weekly dashboard, including data and information on virus prevalence, town and city centre activity, business liquidations, public transport use, furlough use, out of work benefits
- Covid-19 Transport Survey (West Yorkshire Combined Authority) – telephone transport survey series results, conducted since June 2020, which track attitudes and behaviours in relation to transport to understand COVID-19 recovery trends.
- Leeds City Region Business Survey 2021 (West Yorkshire Combined Authority) – results from the latest Business Survey which provides a snapshot view of business confidence, investment experiences and intentions as well as a significant level of detail about the issues currently affecting businesses.
- Quarterly Economic Report (Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce) – survey results on domestic sales, export sales, employment, investment, business confidence, business costs and concerns.
- Economic activity and social change in the UK, real-time indicators Statistical bulletins (Office for National Statistics (ONS) – Early experimental data and analysis covering; Business Impacts and Insights, UK spending on debit and credit cards, online job adverts, road traffic, retail footfall, OpenTable seated diners, social impact of coronavirus (COVID-19)