Open Innovations (formerly ODI (Open Data Institute) Leeds) is a “not for profit, independent, mission led, radically open type of organisation”. It was created to explore and deliver the potential of open innovation with data.
This is achieved by providing leadership, research and innovation, training, supporting startups and talking to the UK government. This is all done in collaboration with the different sectors in the region to understand and use open data for innovative projects and solutions.
Examples of innovation projects and events include #OpenDataSavesLives, #PlanetData, #FloodHack, #HighwaysHack and #AirHack, IOT Challenges, Levelling Up and Open Transport. There is also a regular monthly drop-in for anyone interested in open data.
Calderdale Council are proud to be one of the sponsors of Open Innovations. Other sponsors from the public and private sector include Leeds City Council, Bradford Council, West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA), University of Leeds, NHS Digital, Yorkshire Water, Northern Powergrid, Network Rail, Transport for the North, and Arup.
Open Data projects with Open Innovations:
- Open Innovations Data Mapper – visualise our data on a map
- Imactivate open data apps and analysis – includes the Calderdale Data Works Explorer and the Ward Explorer ;
- Open Innovations – Local Elections
- Open Innovations – Council Spending tool
- Open Innovations – UK Government Spending tool
- Open Innovations – Business Rates
- Open Innovations – Diversity Dashboard