Northernlands 3 and #OpenDataSavesLives
The Northernlands event returns for its third year at ODI Leeds, partnering again with the Embassy for The Netherlands and welcoming West Yorkshire Combined Authority as a new partner for this year, helping to highlight and support the innovation that happens in the region and beyond.
Like last year, you can look forward to two days of fantastic speakers from across the UK and the Netherlands, covering topics from transport, health, the future of work and skills, the Climate Emergency, data rights and safety, and much much more. They are also showcasing emerging startups who are ready to make their mark and make a difference.
- Jeni Tennison, Vice President and Chief Strategy Advisor of the Open Data Institute.
- Ben Goldacre, a doctor, best-selling author, academic and campaigner.
- Marc Farr, Director of Information at East Kent University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Matt Clancy, an economist working on the economics of innovation, currently at Iowa State University.
- Shiv Malik, a former Guardian investigative journalist, broadcaster, author, technologist and co-founder of the Intergenerational Foundation think tank.
The themes across the two days are:
- Innovation with Health Data, incl #OpenDataSavesLives
- Economy and the Future of Work
- Mobility and Urban Living
- Climate Emergency, incl #PlanetData
- Data Rights, Security and Safety, which cuts across all of the above
Beautiful Information and ODI Leeds have come together to support the NHS in making more evidence based decisions by sharing data, sharing code and sharing learning.
#OpenDataSavesLives is being created to drive open innovation with data and aims to help reduce health inequalities by creating, for the first time, a true network of collaborators and resources in the open.
This is a semi-regular meeting to connect with new people, share work, get project updates, and more. Sessions cover subjects such as : Care homes, Vaccination data, Role of the analyst, Digital innovation, Ethnicity, Data and dashboards.
Register for the next event or access videos and resources from previous sessions here – #OpenDataSavesLives